Having lived in Melbourne for a year in 2002, I fell in love with it. The shopping was great (I could easily find clothes my size), the food was fantastic (though not as easily available as Singapore's) and the great outdoors beckons.
In fact, Melbourne has been voted the world's "most livable city" since 1990 based on a survey of a city's infrastructure, access, education levels, crime rate, focus on the environment, culture and events, its diversity and how connected it was with the rest of the world. (http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/06/1075854028808.html)
When my husband and I applied for Australian PR status, I did not tell my mother about it. I could foresee her violent objections. True enough, when she heard about it, she was quick to inform me how we would be regarded as 'second-class citizens' in a foreign land and share with me numerous stories of her friends who migrated there and never made it.
Yet another of my friend is migrating to Melbourne with his family. First, my Montessori classmate relocated there, then a church friend, now a Toastmasters friend and in Dec this year, an ex-classmate will move her entire family there. If anything else, I can look forward to free accommodation when I travel there. Hehe..
No matter where we may be, we all search for purpose & happiness in life. I wish my friends in Melbourne every happiness and fulfilment in life. Live your dream and be happy!
Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination.
Roy M. Goodman
No comments:
Post a Comment