Monday, May 16, 2011

LOSS OF A DAUGHTER

On Mothers' Day this year, I lost a daughter...

She left without saying thank you, sorry or goodbye...
anger, disappointment and sadness...
So many sacrifices were made for her to achieve academically
but instead of using the opportunities to excel,
she came home with disappointing 'O' level results.

Then enrolled her in a course of her choice (Tourism and Hospitality) at Kaplan
which cost me an arm and a leg.
Instead of doing her best,
she takes up a job, goes out till wee hours of the mornings,
causing me much angst and anxiety.
Failed 4 modules and refused to tell me,
I only found out the ugly truth after contacting the school officer.

More of the same till it became too much for me.
Exchange of angry words, hurled accusations...
Enough is enough
so now we part ways.

Parenting a teenager is more than I can handle.
I hand you back to your parents.
I wish you all the best for your future.
I only hope and pray that you will grow wiser and more mature
as the years go by and realise that all I ever wanted
was the best for you.

No comments:

rhapsody - a state of elated bliss; an ecstatic expression of feeling