Galatians 2:1-2
1 Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me. 2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.
Paul was speaking about his ministry and service to Lord Jesus Christ. Paul was moved by revelation . Until he knew where God had wanted him to go and what to do, he did not get into things.
God will show us if we want Him to and let Him. Before we take the next steps, do we do it by revelation as what God shows us? It could be our next job, becoming a homemaker, work, choice of school etc. Do I make my move based on God's revelation?
We often make decisions based on what we want....does it fit into family schedule and lifestyle? etc But how can God reveal to us our next step? What is our next step? We must pray and wait. We must not hurry to make decisions. In our haste, we may not make the best decision.
In Galatians 2:2 Paul preached to the Gentiles by God's revelation lest he might run, or had run in vain. In Singapore's hectic life, we run. What is the point of us running? We run our family, we run our children. What is the point of running if our children cannot cope or they are not ready? It will be in vain and may even backfire.
We want to achieve a lot of things. Does God care about our children's education? We run our household so clean...for what purpose? Be careful lest we run in vain. Nothing comes out of running, instead we get heartache and pain.
We forget to wait on God when we keep running at our own pace.
As parents, we run our children, rather than wait on God. We push and push our children. What is my child good at, bad at? We see his response and his reaction. We have to help our child slow down and take it easy. We are watchmen of our children's whole life. It's not just about the educational system but teaching them to learn about life e.g gays and sex. We don't shut up their sensitive questions because they need to learn. It's what they are going to face in the real world out there.
It is painful to run in vain and end up with lots of regrets. Ask God : what does God have to teach me? Show me which enrichment class to go. Is it too much for them? Let them take a break? Do I get so worried that they lose out as they become adults? We think we lose out but we may not. Things of this world do not enable us to face life's challenges.
NKJV
Isaiah 41:1 talks about walking with God. Keep silent before God . We cannot have a lot of "noise" to walk ( hence not get into run). In silence God renews our strength, not our desires and wants. We approach God and talk with God.
"let us come near, then let them speak.." we bring our conscience before God. God will teach us.
Isaiah 41:5 - do I fear God? In Singapore, we are so capable . We do not fear God. Isaiah 41:6 - do I encourage someone else? Do I feel so weak in faith? I have the Holy Spirit in me. I can encourage someone even if I am a young believer. Sometimes we feel so bad about ourselves...we are not sunday school teachers etc...but we can encourage our neighbours around us. We can only do this if we are walking and not running.
Isaiah 41:7- Each of us fulfils different roles - a role to encourage one another. Work together, walk together to encourage . No one is superior, not even Sunday School teachers. Else teacher also run in vain. Teaching position is a place of honor but it also means the teacher can fall faster and weaken if not careful. We must walk with God. Don't look at titles and position. These are given just so to keep church running. We are equal before God. We can go up to encourage leaders. We don't know when someone had fallen because leaders know the right vocabulary to respond. Never look at leaders but at God. He will strengthen us.
Isaiah 41:17 - spiritual poverty seek water but cannot find it. What happens when I am bone dry. I must talk to God and not to others first. God does not forsake us. God is mighty creator and decision maker to open rivers and fountains, a pool of water for us to drink and be refreshed.
Isaiah 41: 24 tells us we are nothing. Sometimes we run on our own steam...we are nothing, emptiness, abomination to the Lord. We have to come back to God.
Isaiah 41:26-why does God bother to ask us? He wants us to have knowledge. God badly wants us to talk with Him.
Isaiah 41:27 is the prophecy about our Lord Jesus.
Isaiah 41:28 - God looks for someone to help but no human being- we fall short and blow hot and cold. What happens when I am running? I work up a lot of wind and become confused. It is ok not to achieve, not to be so great, not to do everything. There are many hard decisions.
We must go to God, God will enable us.
Children coming into our lives is to make us a better person. Fisher of men means our family is watching us and how God works in our lives. A tree takes many years to grow. God needs these years for us to grow. We pray and no answer. We are still desert, we need water, birds to come drop seeds, fertliser etc. It takes many years to grow a strong, sturdy tree. It's just the beginning. We take one step at a time. We face tough decisions on finances etc. If we have less...so be it. We don't have to look for these things. Let God lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment