Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Marriage Rule #4

It's easy to take your loved ones for granted. In 20 Rules & Tools for a Great Marriage, author Dr Steve Stephens' Rule #4 is Compliment Daily.

Today I was stressed out over a workshop I was going to present in the evening. I had prepared the powerpoint slides much earlier on but I had not taken care of logistics like printing notes, buying files & tokens so I had to try and get everything done during my lunch break.

My husband was most supportive and helpful today. He sensed my stress and without hesitation, went to purchase the files for me when I asked him to. When Wee Meng called me to ask about the sound output for the video, I was clueless. Technology is not my area of strength so again I turned to my husband for help. Immediately, he drove to Sim Lim Tower to purchase portable speakers for me, which worked beautifully.

In the evening, I was scrambling around printing notes as the printer had printed 5 copies short. My husband patiently and without me asking, helped me with the printing while I went to get changed. Then he wished me luck and told me to relax as I was leaving the house.

What a sweetie. I felt so glad to have him around today. His helpfulness and support cheered me immensely.

No comments:

rhapsody - a state of elated bliss; an ecstatic expression of feeling