Saturday, August 22, 2009

Out of the Woods

Finally Jayden is out of the woods. Praise God!

Following the diagnosis of H1N1 flu, Jayden continued to have high fever for 4 consecutive days. It was worrisome. On Tuesday 18 Aug, I brought him to see Dr Lee again. She informed us that many flu patients develop secondary infections and that might be the case with Jayden.

She advised a chest x-ray so we went ahead with it. The resuts: patchiness which indicated fluids in the lung and signs of early stage of pneumonia. I had no idea how serious this condition is but Dr Lee assured us since it's in the early stage, a course of antibiotics should help Jayden to fully recover.

3 days on antibiotics - Jayden was still having high fever. My family started to question the doctor's ability. My mother suggested I bring Jayden to see another doctor but I refused. I firmly believed in Dr Lee and sometimes the body just needs time to heal. You can't rush the healing process.

Finally, on the 9th day, things started improving. On Thursday night, Jayden's fever was slight. When he woke up, he was fine. I brought him to the shop on Friday. He appeared lethargic and his appetite was not like before. Still I'm so thankful, the worst is finally over.

It's been a tiring two weeks caring for Jayden. I had to give up all my Toastmasters activities to stay home with him. Now I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms haha..

No more late night outings for Jayden, that's for sure.

No comments:

rhapsody - a state of elated bliss; an ecstatic expression of feeling