Parenting must be the hardest job on earth. You are on call 24/7, whenever your kids need you. Not only that you get blamed for all your kids' misbehaviour.
This past month has been riddled with incidents that left me feeling deflated...
1st I get an sms from a mother complaining about my son's bullying ... "Need to let u know that joel scratched xxx's back n even said he wanted to punch him. He also pushed yyy several times during swimming." (xxx and yyy are brother and sister).
Subtext: What kind of mother are you to allow your kid to bully others like that?!!
I scolded Joel and warned him to stay far far away from the kids during swimming lessons.
2nd I get pulled aside by Joel's form teacher who reprimanded Joel in front of me, asking why he frequently forgets to bring his homework to school. I sheepishly apologised for forgetting to put his file in his bag while Mrs Chan reiterated it is Joel's responsibility to check his bag and make sure his things are all there for school.
Subtext: What kind of mother are you to allow your kid to forget things?!! To not teach him the meaning of RESPONSIBILITY?!!
As usual, I scolded Joel and reminded him to check his bag every single day before he goes to school. We do have a habit of forgetting files, library books etc. We definitely need to work on this together.
3rd Jayden has been late for school every single day. His school starts at 8.30am but he never gets there till 8.45am, sometimes even 9am!! Now he dreads going to school. This morning, I had a hard time dragging him out of bed. He insisted on staying at home and said he did not want to go to school because "school is so boring". He even told me in the car he has tummy ache, and touched his forehead to say he is having fever, which was, of course, not true.
I was just telling my friend the other day I wanna quit my job as a mother. Run away to some island to enjoy some kid-free days to myself. What a fantasy! Guess my trip to Guangzhou in December will give me that respite I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment