Thursday, January 6, 2011

MY PRAYER FOR 2011

New year, new hopes, new dreams...


First Sunday Service on 2 Jan 2011, came across this poem in the church bulletin.  I would like to make this my prayer for 2011.


My Prayer


Teach me to love - for what is wealth or fame
  but foam upon the restless sea of life,
a fading flower, a soon-forgotten name,
  a sense of sore defeat ending the strife.


Help me to live - for living I shall grow;
  denying self - perhaps my deepest grief
is nought when balanced with another's woe
  wherein is neither respite nor relief.


Teach me humility - casting the beam
  from mine own eye of prejudice and pride;
so may I see, through love's revealing gleam
  in other lives the beauty long denied.


Lord, make me pure in thought, in word or deed,
  my deepest motives under Thy control;
upon the sea of life in joy or need
  be Thou the gracious Pilot of my soul!



  















No comments:

rhapsody - a state of elated bliss; an ecstatic expression of feeling