Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bad things come in three they say?

Bad things come in three they say?


Just two days ago, my son came home from school refusing to greet the elders. He kept saying he's tired, he does not want to do anything. The more I persisted, the more he resisted. In the end, he threw a huge tantrum, screaming and shouting and even thrashing about.


Then my mother, during lunch, at the dining table, reiterated her recent theme about me being a failure. "You're such a failure! Can't even encourage your husband to find a job!" Blah blah blah, so tiresome, so irksome. I refused to stay and listen this time. I retorted, "Since you dislike failures so much, please get us out of your house!" and stormed away.


Another incident was when my dad kept calling me when I was going to patient room 4 to write the case study for the patient.  When I went to the counter, he handed me my salary in front of two patients standing there waiting to collect their medicine.  I told him not to do that in front of patients and my mom started scolding him too.  My dad got really mad and started cursing and swearing at both of us. Why can't he be more discreet about these things? What's with giving money in front of people? Do it in private right? He just doesn't get it.  So he goes on and on, back and forth with my mom, throwing stinging barbs at each other.


Thankfully my friends lent me their "listening ears" and gave me their prayer support. And here is a sweet reminder: 


"we are never dealt things we are unable to handle. Be 


strong, things will work out, they always do".

No comments:

rhapsody - a state of elated bliss; an ecstatic expression of feeling