Saturday, November 5, 2011

The joy of sharing

Jayden can be such an angel at times. Tonight while he was watching TV with his brother in granny's room, I was packing my stuff upstairs at the 3rd level library. Before long, I heard him shouting for me.

"Mommy! Where are you?" he hollered.

"I'm here!" Soon I could here the pitter-patter of his footsteps approaching. He was grinning from ear to ear and holding a huge prawn cracker in his hand. "Do you want to share this cracker with me?" he asked excitedly.

"Wow! What a big cracker you have. Who gave it to you?" I asked him. "Granny!" he replied happily.

Then he proceeded to eat his cracker and we took turns taking bites from it.  It was a moment to be treasured.

Having a sore throat, I did not wish to exacerbate it by eating too much of the cracker so I took small bites every time Jayden offered it to me.  Right at the end, he said, "This is the last bit, just for you!" How could I possibly say no to that? I felt so loved by my baby. My sweet angel loves me and I love him too!

No comments:

rhapsody - a state of elated bliss; an ecstatic expression of feeling